The Boolean logic function of interest can be specified in different manners:
- providing a well-formed formula
- providing binary number
It is also possible to specify multiple functions simultaneously by writing the corresponding well-formed formulas in different lines.
How to write a well-formed formula:
- any type of letters can be used as variable
- ! should be used as negation of variable
- + as sum (disconjunction) of variable
- . as product (conjunction) of variable.
The binary number (a list of 0 and 1 of length of 2^n with n the number of input) corresponds to the list of output of the different input states.